Certificate of Program Registration WTR No. 1007022064
In accordance with the guidelines promulgated by the Philippines Department of Health, Barangay Health Workers are accredited to function as such by their respective local health boards.
Acting as significant agents for change in the communities where they serve, Barangay Health Workers carry out relevant functions and programs that educate, inform, and motivate community members on primary health care, family planning and nutrition, maternal and child health, and child rights, among others.
Qualification for Barangay Health Services NCII from the Center for Health Care Professionals Cebu consists of competencies that a person must achieve to prepare for work in the community service industry, work within a community development framework, support existing community resources, support community participation, provide primary/residential care, develop and provide health education program in the community, implement health promotion and community interventions, and recruit and coordinate volunteers.
The Barangay Health Services NCII qualification is comprised of Units of Competency on the following:
- Participate in workplace communication
- Work in a team environment
- Practice career professionalism
- Practice occupational health and safety procedures
- Implement and monitor infection control policies and procedures
- Respond effectively to difficult/challenging behavior
- Apply basic first aid
- Maintain high standard of patient services
- Work within a community development framework
- Prepare for work in the community service industry
- Support community resources
- Provide primary/residential care
- Support community participation
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers
- Respond holistically to client issues
- Develop and provide health education program in the community
- Implement health promotion and community interventions
Successfully finishing and achieving these competencies for the Barangay Health Services NCII qualification from the Center for Health Care Professionals Cebu makes one eligible and competent to work as a Barangay Health Worker NC II or Community Health Assistant NC II.